To Serve: Iceberg lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges, to serve
400g pork mince
2 tbs red curry paste
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs Canola or sunflower oil
1. Finely chop mushrooms by hand or alternatively, pulse in a food processor. Add chopped green onions to mushroom mixture.
2. Heat 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until all moisture has evaporated. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Drain any excess moisture and transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
3. Add coriander paste to the mushrooms with the mince, curry paste, egg and breadcrumbs, mix until well combined.
4. Shape into balls with damp hands. Place onto a tray, cover and refrigerate 1 hour if time permits (this helps hold meatballs together when cooking)
5. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, in batches for 8-10 min or until just cooked through. Serve with lettuce leaves, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges
For a low carb or gluten free option, substitute the breadcrumbs for 1 Cup Almond Meal