EASY ZUCCHINI FRITTERS – 07 DAYS OF COELIAC RECIPES
By Chloe Horne, Accredited Practising Dietitian at Optimum Health Solutions
- 400g (2 large) zucchini
- ½ Cup Gluten Free Self raising flour
- ½ Cup Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg (lightly beaten)
- ¼ Cup fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1-2 Tb Extra virgin olive oil or Rice bran oil
1. Finely grate or shred zucchini and squeeze out any excess liquid using your hands.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl combine drained zucchini, flour, cheese, egg, herbs and spices. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Heat half of the oil in a large frypan. Add 4 tablespoon sized amounts of zucchini mixture and cook for about 3 minutes on each size or until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Add remaining oil to pan, and repeat with remaining zucchini mixture.
5. Serve immediately with a green salad.
- Not suitable for freezing.
- These fritters are best eaten within 24 hours