Have you lost your ability to undertake functional daily activities? Let Us Help You!
Optimum's Occupational Therapists utilise functional activities in assessing and treating people to maximise their ability to perform tasks that are important to them and their lifestyle.
Benefits Of Occupational Therapy
The benefits of occupational therapy are prevalent in children to seniors receiving treatment, and it really is never too early to begin an occupational therapy program. Occupational therapy treatment can help individuals increase independence, speed up the recovery process, and also help the patient return to regular activities and sports.
- Improves range of motion
- Helps the body heal naturally
- Can improve overall quality of life
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms
- Treatment is customized for the individual
- Can improve self-esteem and sense of well-being
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients
- Can be combined with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain
- Can be integrated into a complete health and physical therapy rehabilitation program