Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Written by Michelle Nearchou, Dietitian at Sylvania. Article from January 2017
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large (750g) eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large bunch silverbeet
- 2 x 420g can mixed beans (salt reduced)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10g (2 tsp.) margarine
- 1 x 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 4 instant lasagne sheets
- ½ cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated reduced fat tasty/mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and brush a 2.5 litre capacity ovenproof dish with margarine.
- Brush zucchinis, eggplant, mushrooms and capsicum with oil and cook on heated grill plate or frying pan. Place vegetables onto baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes, cool.
- Cut away silverbeet stalks and cut or tear leaves into strips. Set aside.
- Spread a small amount of pasta sauce into prepared dish and line with two lasagne sheets. Layer with ricotta, spinach, zucchini, sauce, mixed beans, eggplant, sauce, one lasagne sheets, mushrooms, spinach, capsicum and sauce. Top with a final lasagne sheet.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup grated reduced fat tasty/mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked. Stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.