Cancer Health Programs
Optimum Health Solutions offers cancer exercise programs and education based cancer health programs to all cancer patients (including those recovering from treatment).
Benefits Of Exercise Includes
- Increased muscle strength and endurance.
- Increased energy with decreased cancer-related fatigue.
- Improved bone density and range of motion of the joints.
- Increased cardiovascular and respiratory functions.
- Reduced nausea and vomiting in some Chemotherapy patients.
- Improved appetite.
- Deeper and more refreshing quality of sleep.
- Increased feelings of control over your life.
- Improved digestion with reduced constipation.
- Decreased levels of stress and anxiety.
- Improved mood.
These benefits can assist your recovery and reduce the side effects of treatment, such as: fatigue, nausea, anxiety, depression and muscle weakness. Exercise and good nutrition will help you to create a healthy, active lifestyle. They will help you make the most of daily life and work, with colleagues, friends and family.
Exercise Can Help Your Body Cope With Cancer
Physical activity is linked with a decreased risk of certain cancers, in particular breast and colon cancers. If you currently suffer from cancer, studies suggest that regular exercise can help your body to cope with the cancer as well as treatment, in the following ways:
- Boosting the immune system.
- Encouraging the production of white blood cells.
- Reducing time spent in hospital (in some cases).
- In some cases, increasing survival rates in certain cancers (such as breast and colorectal cancers).
Optimum’s Cancer Health Program is an individually designed program that takes your specific needs into account. The key to our program is intensity. We aim to provide you with a personally appropriate level of exercise, with full consideration given to your condition. There is a certain balance between light weight training and cardiovascular exercises, that will help you through the treatment process. The body loses lean muscle mass as a result of cancer treatment drugs and radiation. Light weight training is vital to help reduce the loss of lean muscle mass.
Optimum Health Solutions is offering free exercise physiology sessions to all individuals suffering from cancer for the duration of november.
We'll give you a call once you complete the form and book you in at a time that is suitable for you!
By completing this form you agree to be sent our weekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time.