Book in your Speech Pathology consultation today by filling in the form on this page or call us on (02) 4810 0700.
Our Speech Pathologist studies, diagnoses and treats communication disorders, including difficulties with speaking, listening, understanding language, reading, writing, social skills, stuttering and using voice. They work with people who have difficulty communicating because of development delays, stroke, brain injuries, learning disability, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, dementia, and hearing loss, as well as other problems that can affect speech and language. People who experience difficulties swallowing food and drink safely can also be helped by a Speech Pathologist.
Benefits Of Speech Pathology
The goal of speech therapy is to improve skills that will allow you to communicate more effectively. There are other benefits as well. These can include:
- Improvement in the ability to understand and express thoughts, ideas and feelings
- Intelligible speech so you can be understood by others
- Increased ability to problem-solve in an independent environment
- Improved swallowing function and safety
- Improved vocal quality and fluency of speech
- Development of practical social skills
- Better quality of life
- Greater self-esteem and increased independence
The ability to express one’s self is paramount. Speech therapy may help you achieve a greater ability to use and understand language, to communicate with others and to express himself or herself to the greatest extent possible.
Goulburn Studio Location
Goulburn Health Hub
37 Ross Street, Goulburn , NSW 2580
Ph: (02) 4810 0700