Fast Fried Rice
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (salt reduced)
- 1 cup almonds, lightly toasted
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the egg and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softly scrambled.
- Remove egg from the pan and set aside.
- Add cabbage, carrot and capsicum, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked egg, soy sauce, almonds and half the spring onions, toss to combine.
- To serve, garnish with remaining spring onions.
To increase energy and protein:
- To serve, garnish with crushed peanuts or cashews
- Add an extra egg in step 1
To reduce energy:
- Remove grated cheese
Suitable to freeze for up to 3 months