- 2 large zucchini, washed, skin on.
- 2 Cups of your favourite pasta sauce
- 2 TB Good quality basil pesto
- ½ Bunch Fresh Basil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Using a mandolin or Spiraliser process zucchini into long thin strips.
If using pasta sauce:
1. Heat sauce in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat until warmed through.
2. Add zucchini and mix through. Serve with salad and a small amount of fresh parmesan.
If using Pesto:
1. Place zucchini in a microwave safe container and cook for 30-40 seconds until just heated.
2. Stir through pesto, basil and cherry tomatoes and serve immediately.
- ½ cup fresh/tinned passionfruit
- 6 fresh/tinned lychees
- ½ cup lime juice
- Mint as necessary
- Ice cubes
- 2.0L plain sparkling mineral water/soda water
1. Peel lychees, remove seeds (if using fresh lychees)
2. Blend half the passionfruit, ice, mint, lime juice and half the lychees for 20-30 seconds
3. Pour blended mixture into a 2.0L jug and top with sparkling mineral/soda water
4. Add remaining lychees and passion fruit and more ice
5. Serve with an extra sprig of mint
For Healthy Alternative Place Coconut Around the Rim of The Glass!
– By Raquel Andrews, Dietitian at Optimum Health Solutions Tasmania
INGREDIENTS - FOR FILLING
- 2 Carrots
- 200g of mushrooms, diced
- 300g of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Celery stalk chopped
- 2 tbsp flour, or leave out if gluten free
- 1 cup of fat-free low sodium broth
- ½ Capsicum
- 1tsp of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2tsp tomato paste
- 1tsp rosemary, chopped
INGREDIENTS - FOR TOP
- 500-1kg of sweet potato
- 3 gloves of garlic
- ½ Cups of milk (low fat or skim)
- ¼ Cup of stock
- 2 tbsp of low fat yogurt
- Paprika spice
- 400g Button
- Cup or Flat Mushrooms 3 green onions (shallots)
- Roughly chopped 3 tbs canola oil
- 2 tbs coriander (ground or fresh)
- To Serve: Iceberg lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges, to serve
- 400g pork mince
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs Canola or sunflower oil
1. Finely chop mushrooms by hand or alternatively, pulse in a food processor. Add chopped green onions to mushroom mixture.
2. Heat 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until all moisture has evaporated.
- 400g skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked rice (basmati or brown)
- 8 cups stir fry vegetable, e.g. 2 medium carrots, 1 small head of broccoli or 2 cups snow peas, 1 large finely sliced red capsicum, 1 large finely sliced yellow capsicum, 10 small mushrooms, and 1 bunch of choy sum.
1. Pound and thinly slice chicken. Mix chicken with cumin, paprika, curry powder, lemon juice, lemon rind and sesame oil.
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, whisked
- cooking oil spray
- 4 pieces wholemeal Lebanese bread, to serve
- 1 cup tabbouleh, to serve
- reduced-fat hummus, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Process chickpeas, parsley and mint in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, flour and egg.
– By Chloe Horne, Dietitian at Optimum Health Solutions.
- 500g chicken thigh fillets (skinless)
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 400g tin chickpeas (drained)
- 2x large carrots (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup (125ml) light coconut milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 2x tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Add coconut milk, chicken stock, tomatoes, curry powder and salt to slow cooker and mix well to combine.
2. Add chicken, onion, chickpeas and carrots. Using tongs, gently toss ingredients together to ensure evenly coated.
3. Cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- 350g Firm Tofu
- 1 TB Sesame Seeds
- 1 TB Tahini
- 1 TB Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 1 Large Carrot, Cut Into Match Sticks
- 2 TSP Olive Oil
- 1 TB Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 TSP Castor Sugar
- 2 Bunches Asparagus, Halved Length-ways
- 200g Sugar Snap Peas
- 4 Spring Onions, Thinly Sliced
1. Pat dry tofu with paper towel, cut into 8 pieces.
2. Spread sesame seeds over a large plate. Gently coat tofu in sesame seeds by pressing into seeds. Set aside.
3. Combine tahini, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Mix until sugar dissolves.
4. Blanch green vegetables for 3 minutes in boiling water, then drain and rinse under ice cold running water to refresh.
- 300g Macaroni
- 2 Bunches asparagus, trimmed, chopped
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 3 Cups Skim Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 4 Cups Green Salad, to serve