MEXICAN RICE-STUFFED CAPSICUMS
Written by Michelle Theodosi, Dietitian at Sylvania. Article from July 2019
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or basmati)
- 2 x 400 g can mixed beans (salt reduced), drained and rinsed
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 4 red capsicums
- ½ cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley or coriander, plus extra to serve
To serve with salad or steamed vegetables
- Preheat the oven to moderate, 180ºC (350ºF). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the rice, beans, zucchini, tomato, corn and chilli sauce in a large mixing bowl and toss together well.